Knowing how to perform factory reset your Samsung TV often comes handy as it is one of the best methods to troubleshoot and fix when your TV faces some glitches or errors.
Occasionally while enjoying your favorite shows you experience errors or glitches on your Samsung TV. There might be some issues relating to such disturbances. In the first place we always suggest you not to seek technical support and try to fix those minor issue interventions with a factory reset.
A factory reset wipes all the added data and content you have stored on your device and makes your TV clear of defects that arise due to multiple usage. In this process the apps and other featured contents that you have on your TV are cleared to give you an experience of a fresh TV.
Here, I will discuss resetting your Samsung TV with remote, and also without remote. Also, you get to know to hard reset when your TV is not turning on.
Let’s get started!
How to reset Samsung TV with a Remote?
A factory reset on Samsung TV can be done easily with your TV remote. For this purpose all you need to do is point the remote control towards the illumination LED of your TV.
You have to press and hold the POWER button of the remote for a few seconds. As soon as the POWER OFF message appears on the screen, switch your TV off and restart again.
To give you clarity over this process we have mentioned the instructions below –
- Firstly open Settings on your TV and select ‘General’.
- Next select ‘Reset’, enter your (0000) and select ‘Reset’ again.
- Press ‘OK’ and your Tv will restart automatically. In case the process does not help you navigate to ‘Setting’. Select ‘Support’ and select ‘Self Diagnosis’ next and your TV is expected to have a factory reset instantly.
Samsung TV factory reset without remote
A Samsung TV always comes with a remote and it is not very difficult to reset your TV with its remote. However if you are not able to have a remote for the purpose do not worry about it!
We have all solutions to help you in fixing your problem. We bring to you 3 methods by which you can reset your TV without a remote.
Method 1: Keyboard Method
- Firstly, it is the keyboard method which is the easiest solution. For this all you need to have is a USB Keyboard.
- Checkout for the USB port on your TV and plug your keyboard into the USB port. Your TV will connect to the keyboard immediately.
- You can now access settings by pressing the window or command key and have a reset on your TV in minutes.
Method 2: Samsung Smart thing App
- This Samsung Smart thing app is another feature in a Samsung Smart TV that allows you to use your phone as a TV remote.
- All you have to do is download the Samsung SmartThings app on your Smartphone and create a new account or sign into your account if you already have one.
- Tap the (+) sign to add your Samsung TV and next tap on ‘device’.
- Select ‘TV’ ,then select ‘Samsung’ and finally select ‘TV’ again.
- To connect to your TV, follow instructions on the screen.
- You can now navigate through your TV settings with your phone to move on with your reset program.
Method 3: Hard Reset using TV Buttons
- This one is yet another procedure that helps you to reset your Samsung TV. It is the Hard reset using TV buttons. However for this purpose you need a person to help you on the.
- You have to unplug your TV from the power outlet and locate the “Power” button first.
- Locating the “volume down” button, press and hold both of those buttons at the same time.
- While you are doing this, someone should help you to plug in your TV into the power outlet.
- A reset screen appears immediately after the TV is connected to the power source.
- You can use the volume buttons to choose the on screen feature for a reset.
Samsung TV hard reset without screen Turning On/Black Screen
It is extremely annoying when your Samsung TV is powered on but displays a black screen. It often happens due to a faulty cable connection although this issue can be fixed with a soft reset.
To resolve this problem primarily you need to unplug the TV from your fixed point and remove the power cord from the back of your TV for a soft reset. Wait for a few seconds and plug your TV back into the power outlet and check it again.
With certain basic steps you can fix this issue too like –
- Connect an external monitor and connect the HDMI output of your Samsung TV to the HDMI input of your monitor.
- Switch your TV over to the HDMI input of the monitor. Use some other source device instead of your cable box.
- Check your Antenna connection.
- Reset the TV by pressing and holding ‘Power, Menu and Ok’ buttons until green light appears. Later Press the ok button twice when the green light appears.
If these do not work on your TV , in that case get technician support.
Another solution to your TV displaying black screen can be a Hard Reset using TV buttons. For this you can follow the procedure mentioned below. Unplug your Samsung TV from the power outlet and locate the POWER button along with the VOLUME DOWN button.
Press and hold both buttons simultaneously. With a second help, plug your Samsung TV into the power outlet holding both the buttons down. You have to follow the on-screen steps to reset your Samsung TV next and your problem is expected to get resolved.
Hard Resetting FAQs for your Samsung TV
Does factory reset delete everything on Samsung TV?
Yes, factory resetting your Samsung TV deletes all custom user settings and data and resets as if it just came from the factory.
What is the Pin to Factory Reset your Samsung TV?
The default Pin to reset your Samsung TV is 0000. This Pin would be valid if you have not changed your PIN before.
How to Recover and Reset your Factory Reset Pin on Samsung TV?
To recover the forgotten Pin of your Samsung TV, turn off your TV. Then press these buttons sequentially using the remote control to reset: Press Mute, then 8 buttons, then Press 2, then 4, and then finally the Power button on your Samsung Remote Control.
Let’s conclude the post on how to factory reset Samsung TV with remote and also without remote!
As a takeaway, resetting using your Remote does not work, do also try the three methods without remote which I discussed here above like the Keyboard Method, using Samsung Smart thing App and Using TV buttons.
I hope you enjoyed reading the post.
Anirban Saha is an Engineer with a specialization in Electronics and Communication. He is the Founder and Editor of techbullish.com. He has expertise in electronics, software development, gadgets, and computer peripherals. Anirban loves to share his knowledge to help people to help choose the right gadgets, troubleshoot gadgets, and more. Read more about our Editorial Guidelines.