Are you tired of dealing with YouTube TV Audio out of Sync issues? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. This common problem can be caused by various factors, such as an unstable internet connection, outdated software, or a cluttered cache.
But fear not, in this blog post, I will guide you through a series of easy steps to fix this issue and help you enjoy your favorite YouTube TV shows and movies without any audio-visual delays.
It’s crucial to resolve this problem as it can be frustrating and challenging to follow along with the content. Plus, it can be harsh on the ears. So, let’s dive into the solutions and get your YouTube TV audio back in sync!
Contents of The Article
- 1 Causes of YouTube TV Audio Out of Sync
- 2 How to fix YouTube TV Audio Out of Sync issues?
- 2.1 Fix #1. Check and Fix the Internet Connection Speed
- 2.2 Fix #2. Fixing the Audio Lag
- 2.3 Fix #3. Restart your Device where Youtube TV is installed
- 2.4 Fix #4. Install the Latest Update for YouTube TV
- 2.5 Fix #5. Try checking on other videos or shows on YouTube TV for a while
- 2.6 Fix #6: Clear the cache
- 3 Contacting YouTube TV support for Further Assistance
- 4 FAQs
- 5 Key Takeaways
Causes of YouTube TV Audio Out of Sync
Audio sync issues in YouTube TV could possibly be an outcome of a variety of reasons. Generally, YouTube TV is compatible with numerous streaming media players like Apple TV, Google Chrome cast, Roku player & TVs, and Fire TV. The popular app is also friendly for Smart TVs and game consoles.
Multiple reasons can be effective in leading to this problem are described below:
Bad Connection Between Smart Tv and Audio Device
YouTube TV Audio out of sync with the TV is due to a bad connection between the TV and the audio device connected to it.
A transmission lag between your TV and the audio device, especially Bluetooth devices can be the culprit. Restart your TV by holding the power button on the remote control for a few seconds. This can restore your TV to its normal condition.
We have figured out a few easy tips to fix audio lag and sound delay on any TV.
The basic Troubleshooting method can be-
- Power reset your TV and sound system
- Update the firmware on your Smart TV
- Check the cable connections to your sound system and other devices
- Check other channels or other apps
- Connect external sources directly to your sound system or sound bar
- Turn game mode on or off
- Clear the cache on your TV or app
- Factory reset your TV
For adjusting the sound settings
- Set the audio out mode to “PCM”
- Set Pass-through mode to “Auto”
- Turn eARC mode off
- Reset your TV sound settings
- Adjust the A/V sync settings.
Glitches due to Software Updates on your Smart TV
If your Youtube TV is out of sync on your Smart TV it could be due to the system software glitches within the TV itself.
It can happen sometimes when you have not updated your Smart TVs software for a long time.
To fix this:
Updating your TV software can fix this issue. If the issue is still there you need to Factory Reset your Smart TV and reinstall Youtube TV.
Youtube Corrupted Cache
Your YouTube cache can also be a problem. If the cache is faulty it leads to problems like YouTube sounding out of sync. YouTube cache if not corrupt is vital in its smooth running on a Smart TV. Cleaning the data and restarting your TV can solve the concern.
To clear the app cache you need to-
- Press the Home button on your remote control
- Open the Setting app and select the Apps option
- Choose the system app option.
- Select YouTube TV and click the clear cache option
- Click the OK button to confirm.
How to fix YouTube TV Audio Out of Sync issues?
For your satisfaction, we have all solutions to your problems aligned in the easiest way possible. To render support for a comfortable experience with all the fun and entertainment you enjoy on your YouTube TV, we have it all here.
Some major solutions for fixing YouTube TV audio videos out of sync are listed below:
Fix #1. Check and Fix the Internet Connection Speed
Check out the speed of your internet connection for any possibilities. At times your internet speed might not be similar to usual causing a lag in your audio support parallel to the video. You may contact your Internet Service Provider to fix your connection slowness.
Fix #2. Fixing the Audio Lag
Check to browse any other streaming lag and check whether it is caused by audio lag from the external speaker’s connection.
If you have a Bluetooth speaker try reconnecting them if that fixes this lag. Also, try connecting them via wires from your Smart TV.
Fix #3. Restart your Device where Youtube TV is installed
Try restarting your device if you are watching YouTube TV on smart devices like smartphones or LED Restart helps eliminate any temporary bugs, cookies, or glitches and fixes your problem in a fraction of the time.
Generally, smart devices are prone to accepting cookies and bugs from Chrome. Audio not synchronizing with video can be a result of such unavoidable conditions. In case you find this not worth resolving your issue, go for the next move.
Here are the steps you need to do to restart:
- For Android devices including Android TVs: go to Settings > System > Restart
- For iOS devices: hold down the power button until the “slide to power off” option appears, then slide to power off the device
- For other devices: consult the device’s manual or online resources for instructions on restarting the device
Fix #4. Install the Latest Update for YouTube TV
Your previous version of YouTube TV which you might not have upgraded can create hassles in your smooth streaming.
Audio out of sync is relatable to such issues. To get over this problem simply look out for the app store on your device and check out for any updates available.
You can also re-install YouTube for better results. Stay connected for another solution if this does not get you relief.
Fix #5. Try checking on other videos or shows on YouTube TV for a while
It is inevident at times that a particular video you are watching is faulty as the length of the video is sometimes longer than the pace of audio.
Obviously, it is very annoying to watch a video that disturbs the balance between audio and video. A shift to any other video might assure you about the faulty video that you were watching previously.
In other cases, if you are watching YouTube TV connected from an Android phone you can follow the below facts:
- Make sure your smart TV or streaming device is set up and the YouTube app is open.
- On your phone or tablet, open the YouTube app
- Make sure you are signed in to the same Google Account on both devices
- A pop-up will open on your phone or tablet, asking you to connect to YouTube on your TV
- Tap to connect.
Fix #6: Clear the cache
Over time, the cache on your device can become cluttered, which can cause issues with streaming services. To clear the cache on your device:
- For Android devices including Smart TV: go to Settings > Apps > YouTube TV > Storage > Clear Cache
- For iOS devices: go to Settings > YouTube TV > Clear Cache
- For other devices: consult the device’s manual or online resources for instructions on clearing the cache
Contacting YouTube TV support for Further Assistance
If none of the above steps have fixed the issue of YouTube TV being out of sync, it may be a problem with the YouTube TV service itself.
Here are some ways to contact YouTube TV support:
- Visit the YouTube TV Help page at https://support.google.com/youtubetv/?hl=en
- Tweet @TeamYouTube with questions on Twitter
It’s important to note that YouTube TV may be experiencing a high volume of customer support inquiries due to the pandemic, so it may take some time to get a response.
What are the Reasons for My Youtube Tv Audio Isn’t in Sync?
Audio sync issues in YouTube TV can be caused by a bad connection between the TV and the audio device, glitches due to software updates on the Smart TV, or a corrupted YouTube cache.
How Can I Fix My Youtube TV’s Audio Out of Sync Issue?
To fix audio sync issues on YouTube TV, you can check and fix your internet connection speed, fix audio lag by reconnecting or connecting external speakers, restart your device, install the latest update for YouTube TV, check on other videos or shows, clear the cache on your device, or contact YouTube TV support for further assistance.
Can a bad connection between Smart TV and an audio device cause audio sync issues on YouTube TV?
Yes, a bad connection between Smart TV and audio device can cause audio sync issues on YouTube TV.
How can I clear the cache on YouTube TV to fix audio sync issues?
To clear the cache on YouTube TV and fix audio sync issues, you can press the Home button on your remote control, open the Settings app, select the Apps option, choose the system app option, select YouTube TV, and click the clear cache option.
Sure, here are the key takeaways in points:
- Audio sync issues on YouTube TV can be caused by various factors, including internet connection speed, audio lag, faulty videos, and cache clutter.
- To fix the issue, you can check your internet connection speed, reconnect or connect external speakers, restart your device, install the latest update for YouTube TV, check on other videos or shows, clear the cache on your device, or contact YouTube TV support for further assistance.
- Restarting your device can eliminate temporary bugs or glitches that may be causing the issue.
- Installing updates and checking on other videos or shows can help identify and fix faulty videos.
- Clearing the cache can help resolve issues with streaming services.
- If none of these steps work, contacting YouTube TV support may be necessary.
Was this Post helpful?
I’m Anirban Saha, Founder & Editor of TechBullish. With a B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering, and 5+ years of experience as a software developer, I have expertise in electronics, software development, gadgets, and computer peripherals. I love sharing my knowledge through informational articles, how-to guides, and troubleshooting tips for Peripherals, Smart TVs, Streaming Solutions, and more here.