It is not uncommon for Razer Synapse software not to detect your mouse, and this is caused mainly by the mouse not being connected to the same USB port that Synapse is running on.
In this post, I will discuss why Razer Synapse is not Detecting Mouse, how you can troubleshoot and get Razer Synapse to detect your gaming mouse.
Let’s get started!
What is Razer Synapse?
Razer Synapse is a unified configuration software that lets you customize your Razer peripherals to enhance your gaming experience. It allows you to configure each of your Razer products through one interface, whether a mouse, keyboard, headset, or any other future Razer peripherals.
Whether it’s setting up macros, customizing your lighting effects, or adjusting your surface calibrations, Razer Synapse makes it easy to personalize your Razer products to your exact specifications.
Synapse is accessible directly from your browser, so it is easy to configure your Razer products from anywhere in the world. The application automatically detects new plugged products and configures them for you, and Synapse will also automatically download your saved settings for each of your Razer peripherals. The latest version of Razer Synapse is Razer Synapse 3.
Why is Razer Synapse not detecting my mouse?
The main reason why your Razer Synapse is not detecting your mouse is that it has an outdated or missing mouse driver. That means you should update the driver immediately to start working again.
There are two ways to update the mouse driver, and they include automatically and manually.
- For a manual update, you will have to go to the manufacturer’s website, find the latest version and then manually install it on your computer. You will require some computer skills and spare some of your time.
- For an automatic update, you can use software like Driver Easy, and it will do all the work for you.
How do I get Razer Synapse to detect my mouse? (Detailed Steps)
Below are steps to follow to solve Razer Synapse mouse detection issues. They include:
- First, unplug the peripheral and reconnect it again. If you think that the port has a problem, then change the port.
- The second step is to test it on a different PC. That will help you know whether the USB has a problem.
- If the two above don’t solve the problem, try rebooting the PC. Go ahead and scan for device changes.
- Another way that helps is installing the latest software. There is a chance that the software you are using is outdated. Ensure no old Razer folders may mess up with the new installation.
Why is my Razer mouse not working?
If you are experiencing such an issue, then there are two main causes:
1. Some solid material or dirt blocks the mouse sensor
First, you will need to unplug the mouse from the computer and clean the sensor using rubbing alcohol to fix the issues. Let it dry out and try using it again to see if the blockage is gone. You can also opt for another port just in case of isolation problems.
2. You need to reset the calibration of the mouse surface
For the second problem, you will need to recalibrate the surface of the mouse. Start by plugging it into the USB port and placing the mouse flat. Hold down the left button, right-click the other right button, and wheel for seven seconds. That will help reset the calibration.
How do I add a mouse to Razer Synapse 3?
Below is how to do it:
- Open the Razer Synapse 3
- Select Razer mouse from your devices.
- Click add to create a new profile
- Rename profile
- Make sure to give the new profile a new set of commands.
- If you successfully follow the above steps, you will add a mouse to Razer Synapse 3.
Does Razer Synapse work with any mouse?
No, Razer Synapse does not work with any mouse, and only works with Razor products.
That means you have to use Razer peripherals, and you won’t encounter any problems with it. However, if you don’t have that option, you can change the settings to another brand.
Premium brands have configuration tools that you can use with Razer Synapse. You will have to download the configuration and ensure it is compatible with your mouse brand.
Razer Synapse 3 supported mice
Below are some of the Razer Synapse 3 supported mice:
- Razer Abyssus Lite
- Razer Atheris Stormtrooper Edition
- Razer Basilisk Essential
- Razer Basilisk Quartz
- Razer Basilisk Ultimate (no dock)
- Razer DeathAdder Elite
- Razer DeathAdder Elite Overwatch
- Razer DeathAdder Essential
- Razer DeathAdder V2
- Razer DeathAdder V2 Pro
- Razer Firefly Cloth Edition
- Razer Firefly Hyperflux
- Razer Goliathus Chroma
- Razer Goliathus Extended Chroma Gears of War Edition
- Razer Jugan
- Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition
- Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition Mercury White
- Razer Lancehead Wireless
- Razer Mamba Elite
- Razer Mamba Wireless
- Razer Naga Chroma
- Razer Viper Ultimate
Let’s conclude the post on why is Razer Synapse not detecting the mouse.
I hope you found the soulution and now your mouse is getting detected properly by Razer Synapse and also the list of Razer synapse 3 supported mice range.