Are you having issues with your TV having no Sound but Not Muted?
It can be due to several reasons including speaker issues, audio setting issues, TV hardware issues, etc.
In this post, I have discussed this issue in detail with a guide to troubleshooting and fixing it.
After reading this post, you will be able to fix the TV audio issue that you are facing currently.
Let’s get started!
Contents of The Article
- 1 Why is my TV has no Sound but is Not Muted?
- 2 TV has no Sound But is Not Muted
- 3 Conclusion
Why is my TV has no Sound but is Not Muted?
There are many potential reasons why the volume on your TV may not be working properly.
We already know that volume is not muted, so we look into the other causes here.
Just check whether your Volume is turned high.
Otherwise, it may happen, you may have overlooked that you kept the volume too low to be audible.
Here are some of the most common reasons:
- There could be an issue with the speakers. If the external or internal TV speakers are not working properly, then the volume will not be working properly either. Try troubleshooting the speakers to see if that fixes the volume issue.
- There could be an issue with the audio settings. If the audio settings are not configured properly, then the volume may not work properly. Try adjusting the audio settings and see if that fixes the issue.
- It may be that the audio output on your TV is set to something other than the internal speakers. This could be set to Bluetooth headphones, for example. Just change the audio output back to the internal speakers and the sound should come back on.
- There could be an issue with the TV’s hardware itself. If none of the above troubleshooting tips fix the volume issue, then there may be a problem with the TV itself. In this case, you may need to contact your TV customer service for further assistance.
TV has no Sound But is Not Muted
If you are having trouble with your TV volume that does not work even when it is not muted, there are a few potential solutions that you can try.
Here are proven tips to help you troubleshoot and resolve the issue:
#1. Power Cycle the TV
The power cycle is the basic step that solves the generic problems of your Smart TV. If your TV’s volume isn’t working or is stuck, one of the first things you should try is to power cycle the TV.
To do this, simply unplug the TV from its power source, wait 10-15 mins, and then plug it back in. Once the TV has restarted, check to see if the volume issue has been resolved.
#2. Recheck the Current Audio Settings
If you’re having trouble with the volume on your TV, it could be because you’re not on the right Audio Output settings.
“Why do you need to check Audio Settings?”
Most of the time we connect to an external speaker and forget about them turning on.
Also, your TV may be connected to an external Bluetooth speaker which is muted.
Check the output of your Audio, if it is the TV’s internal speakers or if any external device is selected.
Turn up the volume in that to enable the audio or Switch back the audio output to your TV internal speakers.
#3. Check the HDMI Cable Connection(For TV having Input Using HDMI Cables)
If you’re having problems with sound on your TV, it could also be due to issues with your HDMI cable.
“Why to Check HDMI Cable?”
HDMI cables carry sound with video from any external device connected.
If you have a set-top box connected to your TV using an HDMI cable, then chances are whether having a loose connection in the HDMI cable or a damaged HDMI cable.
Make sure the cable is firmly plugged in at both ends. A loose connection can sometimes cause sound problems.
To resolve this, unplug the HDMI cable from your TV and make sure that there are no visible signs of damage.
If everything looks good, plug the HDMI cable back in and see if the problem is resolved.
#4. Factory Reset your TV
If you’ve tried all of these steps and still can’t get the volume on your TV to work properly, it may be time to perform a factory reset.
“How can Factory Resetting help in TV audio issue?” Often times we do fiddle with the settings of our Smart TVs and as we know they have a lot of different options and customizations in them.
It is better to factory reset to change the settings of your TV to as it was when it came from the Factory, i.e, its default settings which can help in most cases.
This will restore all of your TV’s settings to their default state and fix any software issues that could be causing the problem. Keep in mind that this process may take some time, so make sure you have enough time set aside before starting it.
#5. Contact Customer Support of your TV
If you’re still having trouble, feel free to reach out to your TV manufacturer for further assistance.
“Have a Warranty?”
Check your warranty card that came with your TV and read their Terms and Condition to understand whether it will be covered. Most times customer support helps in knowing that clearly.
If you find chat support for your TV customer care, then do jump and ask them.
You will find customer support for your TV brand on their website or at least they would have a support mail id or phone number where you can reach out to them.
If you have a warranty, then it’s well and good. Otherwise, you may also visit your nearby technician.
Let’s conclude the post!
Summing up the solution to fix your TV has no sound but is not muted:
1. Power Cycle the TV
2. Recheck the Current Audio Settings
3. Check the HDMI Cable Connection
4. Factory Reset your TV
5. Contact Customer Support of your TV
I hope you enjoyed reading this post.