Your Westinghouse TV is showing at least red light which means power is entering properly. However, there can be several reasons for your Westinghouse TV to not turn on.
In this post, I would discuss easy troubleshooting steps that would help you fix this issue quickly.
Let’s get started!
Contents of The Article
- 1 How to Fix Westinghouse TV won’t turn on but the Red light is on?
- 1.1 Perform a Power Cycle
- 1.2 Replace your Westinghouse TV Remote’s Batteries
- 1.3 Try With Alternate Westinghouse TV Remote
- 1.4 Check the Other Devices Sending Input to your Westinghouse TV
- 1.5 Choose the Right HDMI Cable (If you are Able to Turn on your TV already)
- 1.6 Westinghouse TV’s Backlit Issue Fix
- 1.7 Contacting Westinghouse TV Customer Support
- 2 Conclusion
How to Fix Westinghouse TV won’t turn on but the Red light is on?
Here are the troubleshooting steps which you need to follow for your Westinghouse TV to get your TV turned on properly and get it running again.
Perform a Power Cycle
If you are facing this issue on your Westinghouse TV, a power cycle is the best way to fix this.
1. To perform this, unplug all the cables of your TV from the Socket.
2. Also, detach all other connected attachments from your TV like HDMI cable, Pendrives, etc.
3. Next wait for 20 minutes.
4. Then again plug back into power and try turning on your TV.
Replace your Westinghouse TV Remote’s Batteries
One of the things that I would recommend doing is replacing your Westinghouse TV’s remote batteries.
Your WestinghouseTv remote’s batteries may be causing this issue and preventing turning on your TV.
Try With Alternate Westinghouse TV Remote
Your remote may be faulty and it might be causing this. So, try with an alternate Westinghouse TV remote and that would help you look whether your remote is damaged or not.
In most cases, either the remote or the internal circuit including the backlit issue becomes the reason.
Check the Other Devices Sending Input to your Westinghouse TV
If you connect any external device to your Westinghouse TV to receive input from them like a SetTop box, it might be causing issues.
Try unplugging them from your TV and then turn on your Westinghouse TV. You can attach any USB drive to check.
Choose the Right HDMI Cable (If you are Able to Turn on your TV already)
If you have successfully turned on using the remote, then if still, you are not seeing content properly on your TV, then check the HDMI cable if the correct one is selected.
Choose the right HDMI port using the Westinghouse TVs remote control.
Westinghouse TV’s Backlit Issue Fix
This is one of the common happenings where there is an issue with the backlight of your Westinghouse TV itself. You won’t be able to diagnose in this case.
You can either reach out to a TV repair mechanic nearby or contact Westinghouse TV’s customer support.
Contacting Westinghouse TV Customer Support
If your Westinghouse TV is under warranty, you should definitely contact the customer support of Westinghouse TV. They will help you get your TV repaired.
Fill out the form on the support page with Technical Support Assistance. They will revert back to you with the next steps for repair.
Let’s conclude the post on fixing Westinghouse TV won’t turn on but the red light is on!
- Perform a Power Cycle
- Replace your Westinghouse TV Remote’s Batteries
- Try With Alternate Westinghouse TV Remote
- Check the Other Devices Sending Input to your Westinghouse TV
- Choose the Right HDMI Cable
- Westinghouse TV’s Backlit Issue Fix
- Contacting Westinghouse TV Customer Support
I hope your issue got resolved by following these steps.
Was this Post helpful?
I’m Anirban Saha, Founder & Editor of TechBullish. With a B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering, and 5+ years of experience as a software developer, I have expertise in electronics, software development, gadgets, and computer peripherals. I love sharing my knowledge through informational articles, how-to guides, and troubleshooting tips for Peripherals, Smart TVs, Streaming Solutions, and more here.