If you’re a fan of mechanical keyboards, then you know that there are a few different types of switches out there.
If you’re in the market for a new mechanical keyboard, you’ve probably come across some references to “blue switches.” But what exactly are they?
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at blue switches in detail.
First, a quick refresher on what mechanical keyboard switches are: they’re the physical mechanism under each key that registers a keystroke.
Different switches offer different feels – some are springier, some are smoother, some are louder, etc. – so it’s important to choose the right switch for your needs.
Let’s get started!
What are Blue Switches?
Blue mechanical keyboard switches are switches that have a tactile feel and an audible click when pressed.
These switches are often used by gamers and typists who want the feedback that these switches provide. Blue switches are also known for their durability and longevity.
They’re also relatively sturdy switches, so they’re a good option if you’re looking for a keyboard that will last. And, because they’re so popular, there are a ton of great blue switch keyboards to choose from.
Why are Blue Mechanical keyboard switches so popular?
There are a few reasons why Blue Mechanical keyboard switches are so popular.
- First, they’re clicky, meaning you’ll know exactly when you’ve pressed a key. This can be helpful for gaming, or for general typing.
- Second, the Blue Mechanical keyboard switches are loud. This can be good or bad, depending on your preference. Some people like the sound of a loud keyboard, while others find it to be annoying.
- Third, Blue Mechanical keyboard switches are durable. They’re designed to withstand a lot of wear and tear, so you can expect them to last for many years.
Pros and Cons of Blue Switches
There are a few key things to consider when it comes to choosing the right type of keyboard for your needs. One important factor is the type of switch that is best for you.
Blue mechanical switches are a popular choice for many, but they also have some drawbacks that you should be aware of before making your final decision.
- Blue switches tend to be very clicky and have satisfying tactile feedback that many people enjoy.
- They are also quite loud, so if you need to be discreet when typing, blue switches are not the best choice.
- Blue switches are known for being very precise, so if you need to do a lot of gaming or other activities that require fast and accurate keystrokes, they could be a good option.
- The main downside to blue switches is that they can be quite hard to press, which can lead to fatigue if you type for long periods of time.
- They are also one of the more expensive switch options, so if you are on a budget, you may want to consider another type.
Factors to look at while Choosing Blue Switches
If you’re looking for a mechanical keyboard with Blue Mechanical keyboard switches, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- First, make sure that the keyboard has a good warranty. This will protect you in case anything goes wrong with the keyboard.
- Second, make sure that the keyboard has a good reputation. There are a lot of different mechanical keyboard brands out there, and not all of them are created equal. Do some research to find out which brands have a good reputation.
- Third, make sure that the keyboard is comfortable to use considering factors like switch actuation force, keyboard wrist rest, etc. This is especially important if you’re going to be using the keyboard for long periods of time.
Blue Mechanical keyboard switches are a great choice for a mechanical keyboard. They’re clicky, loud, and durable. If you’re looking for a mechanical keyboard with these features, keep the above factors in mind.
Some of my favorites include the Corsair K70 RGB MK.2, the Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2, and the SteelSeries Apex M750.
But, there are plenty of other great options out there, so be sure to do your research before making a purchase.
Comparison of Blue Switches to other Switches
Switches are one of the most important parts of a keyboard. They’re what determine how a keyboard feels to type on, and they can make a big difference in terms of productivity and comfort.
Let’s compare the Blue switches with the other popular type of mechanical switches in the market.
Blue Switches Compared to Red Switches: Are Blue Switches better than red?
Some say that blue switches are better because they offer a more responsive and tactile gaming experience. Others say that red switches are better because they are quieter and require less force to actuate.
So, which is the better switch?
It really depends on your personal preferences.
If you prefer a more responsive and tactile gaming experience, then blue switches are probably the better option for you. If you prefer a quieter and smoother gaming experience, then red switches might be the better option.
If you’re a gamer, you might prefer the snappy response of a Blue Switch. If you’re a typist, you might prefer the smooth, linear feel of a Red Switch.
Ultimately, it is up to you to decide which type of switch is best for your gaming needs.
Blue Switches Compared to Brown Switches: Are Brown or Blue Switches better?
Brown switches are lighter than blue switches, making them better for typing. They also have a softer, more muted sound when activated.
Blue switches, on the other hand, are heavier and make a louder, clickier sound when activated. They’re better for gaming, but some people find the sound to be too loud and annoying for typing.
Blue switches are known for their fast, responsive action. They’re often used by gamers who need to be able to execute quick, precise movements.
Brown switches are known for their softer, smoother action. They’re often used by touch typists who need a more comfortable typing experience.
So, which one is right for you? If you’re looking for a keyboard for typing, brown switches are the way to go. If you’re looking for a keyboard for gaming, blue switches are the way to go.
Let’s conclude the post on what are blue switches!
Overall, blue mechanical switches are an excellent choice for many people, but there are some things to remember before making your final decision.
If you need a fast and accurate switch for gaming or other activities, blue switches could be a good option.
However, if you are on a budget or tend to type for long periods of time, you may want to consider a different switch type.
I hope you enjoyed reading the post.
Was this Post helpful?
I’m Anirban Saha, Founder & Editor of TechBullish. With a B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering, and 5+ years of experience as a software developer, I have expertise in electronics, software development, gadgets, and computer peripherals. I love sharing my knowledge through informational articles, how-to guides, and troubleshooting tips for Peripherals, Smart TVs, Streaming Solutions, and more here. Check Anirban’s Crunchbase Profile here.