If you already tried to use remote connect while playing Minecraft, you may already have got the https aka ms remoteconnect not working error.
If you have got the remoteconnect not working issue then you are not alone as this is a commonly occurring thing reported by many Minecraft players.
Minecraft by Mojang Studios is a popular video game that has been out for more than a decade, and it has gained much popularity. It is one of the most popular video games in the world.
It offers the freedom to create whatever you want in limitless virtual worlds. You can play in any way you want, alone or with others, by yourself or collaboratively with others.
Why Should you Trust Me? Hi, I am Anirban Saha, an Engineer with a Specialization in Electronics and Communication Engineering. I have experience in Smart TVs, Electronics circuits, and Computer peripherals.
In this blog, I will dive deep into the issue and help you to fix this issue quickly.
- What is aka MS Remoteconnect Minecraft?
- Why did the https aka ms remoteconnect error occur?
- Fix for ‘https aka ms remoteconnect not working’ issue in Minecraft
- How to fix https aka ms remoteconnect not working on PS4/PS5?
- How to fix https aka ms remoteconnect not working on Nintendo Switch Console?
- How to create a Microsoft Account to play Minecraft games?
- What should I do if I need to contact Minecraft’s customer support team?
- FAQs on https aka ms remoteconnect not working
Let’s get started!
What is aka MS Remoteconnect Minecraft?
Aka.ms remoteconnect is a feature using which users can play Minecraft gaming across different Cross-Platform devices like PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch, and even smartphones.
The Aka.ms/remoteconnect needs a Microsoft Account, and you can connect using the code in Microsoft to connect and play Minecraft.
You can read more about what is aka ms remoteconnect here.
Why did the https aka ms remoteconnect error occur?
https Aka.ms Remoteconnect is an excellent feature for Minecraft gamers, and this not working issue is expected that you already have seen.
The main causes of the aka ms remote connect error are:
1. Having Corrupted Gameplay Data
Corrupt game data is a problem that can affect any game. Your game data in Minecraft may have been corrupted, which is one of the significant causes for showing this error.
You need to check whether your Minecraft saved game data has gone corrupt which may be causing this issue.
If you have a Corrupted Game Files data issue, then you would need to restore to the last saved point.
2. Not having a proper setup
It might be a reason that your setup is not proper yet to be working. Without proper setup implementing the troubleshooting steps won’t be useful.
So, If you do not have a proper setup, then you can follow the steps to configure aka.ms remoteconnect, and get your code to properly connect with it.
3. Already Signed in to another device
This is a common occurrence that happens when you have already signed in to https aka.ms remoteconnect from another device and have not terminated the session of your previous signing in.
This is a very common scenario. You may be able to resolve the issue by signing out of that device and signing back into your computer.
If you are still having issues, you may need to clear the cookies from your browser.
Fix for ‘https aka ms remoteconnect not working’ issue in Minecraft
The problem of https aka.ms remoteconnect not working can be difficult to deal with, but there are a couple of fixes that may help.
Here are the fixes that would quickly solve the issue of remote connect not working error in Minecraft:
1. Use Microsoft sign-in code from Minecraft
You can easily log in with the Microsoft sign-in code in Minecraft. You can follow the steps below:
- Launch the Minecraft
- Click on the Sign-in Access Multiplayer option, and there you will find an option that helps to Link your existing Microsoft account. If you already have an account, you can use the same Microsoft account for logging in.
- Click on the link to your Microsoft accounts in a new window, and you will receive an 8-digit code which you will use in the next step.
- Then open the https://aka.ms/remoteconnect website on another system and on the same browser, and there would be a placeholder “Enter Code” where you can enter the code you found in the previous step.
- Click on the next bottom and follow the prompts to connect the device using Remote Connect.
If you see any error for the remoteconnect code, you can again open a fresh Microsoft account to generate a new code that you can use again use https aka.ms remoteconnect. Once you launch the game, you can directly link to your current account with the Xbox Live account connected via Microsoft account.
The Xbox live account is very easy to set up too and if you have an account already then you can use that too.
Most of the time, the issue will be solved by this step. If you still face the Remote Connect error, then continue the steps below.
2. Restart your device
Several times may occur as a glitch, and you can fix it quickly by simply restarting the device.
A simple restart can fix the remote connection not working error for your Minecraft gameplay.
3. Make sure the account isn’t being used on another device.
We often see the aka.ms remoteconnect error, and we have a Minecraft account logged in to another device.
4. Delete Minecraft saved game data
As mentioned earlier, your old saved data, i.e. your old game files, might have got corrupted. It is better to try once deleting the Minecraft saved data of your game files and again using the code to log in.
Here are the steps below:
- Launch Minecraft game,
- Next, you need to navigate to the system settings and then go to the Storage Option.
- Check your saved game files in it.
- Finally, you can delete these saved checkpoints of your gameplay simply by clicking the delete icon there.
- Then return to the game from the main menu. Login again and try connecting remote connect again to check if the aka.ms remoteconnect error has been sorted out.
5. Logout and reinstall
If you have followed the above steps and are still facing the remoteconnect issue in Minecraft, then you can try this step. You need to log out and then uninstall the app.
Then again, reinstall the app and check if it solves the issue.
Most of the time, a logout and reinstall solve the aka.ms remoteconnect not working error.
How to fix https aka ms remoteconnect not working on PS4/PS5?
If you are using a PS4 console or PS5 console, you can quickly fix the https aka.ms remoteconnect error and make it work.
Here is the step by step guide to do that:
- Uninstall the Installed Minecraft from PS4 and start fresh,
- Download it again from the Playstation store and install it,
- Launch the game and start connecting to a remote connection,
- On a separate device log in to the https://aka.ms/remoteconnect with your Microsoft account and get the 8 digit code,
- Enter the 8-digit code in the game window and start playing.
You can even try creating the code with another new Microsoft account if the previous account’s 8-digit code didn’t work. This works amazingly to fix the remote connect error in PS4/PS5 whichever gaming console you are using.
How to fix https aka ms remoteconnect not working on Nintendo Switch Console?
You can play Minecraft well on your Nintendo Switch Console, and you can use the https://aka.ms/remoteconnect without any issues.
If you see the Remote Connect error while entering the Microsoft code you can follow the steps below to fix it:
1. Reinstalling Minecraft
Follow these steps to reinstall Minecraft:
- First Uninstall Minecraft from your Switch console,
- Next, Install Minecraft again from the Nintendo Game Store,
- After the installation of Minecraft is completed, do launch the game,
- Next is to visit https://aka.ms/remoteconnect from another device’s browser and log in with your Microsoft account to get the 8 digit connection code,
- Enter the 8-digit code in your Switch Console.
Now, the basic remote connect error is fixed, however, we need to enable Cross-platform on the switch console to enable your friends to join the game.
2. Enabling Cross-Play Support on Nintendo Switch
Once you have installed Minecraft fresh in your Switch console here are the steps you need to check to properly enable the amazing Crossplay support:
- Launch Minecraft on your Switch console,
- Find the Invite to Game option and click on it,
- Next, Search by any Minecraft player ID of your friends to invite them(This is similar to inviting from the Friends tab on other devices),
- After your friend accepts the invitation they can easily join the Minecraft world with you.
Following these steps will solve the problem in the case of the Switch, and you will be able to enjoy playing Minecraft.
How to create a Microsoft Account to play Minecraft games?
Creating an official Microsoft account is necessary in order to play Minecraft games online on PC as well as on your gaming console. You can create a Microsoft account using your existing mail id or your phone number.
Here is the Link to a Create Microsoft account.
The process is quick and easy and can be completed in a few simple steps.
1. First, navigate to the Microsoft web page and click on the “Create account” button.
2. Enter your email address and click the Next Button
3. Enter your desired password under the Create a password, then click on “Next”.
4. Next, you will be prompted to verify your email address.
5. Enter the 4-digit verification code in your email
6. Once your email address has been verified, you will be taken to the main Microsoft account page.
From here, you can manage all of your Microsoft account settings, including adding a profile picture, Adding a Name, changing your password, and more.
What should I do if I need to contact Minecraft’s customer support team?
Now, if you have tried the troubleshooting steps in this guide and still facing the aka.ms remoteconnect error, then you need to connect with the Minecraft Service Team from Minecraft Help Centre.
Here are the steps to raise a ticket:
1. Navigating to Minecraft Help Center
To get your remote connection issue or any other related concerns addressed and get the help you need to navigate to the Minecraft Help Center. Here is the URL to the form which you need to fill out while raising a support request.
2. Raising Support Ticket
Fill up the form which I mentioned earlier in step 1.
Here are the fields you need to fill there:
Language: Select your Prefered language from the dropdown(Eg, English),
Game Title: Choose the Game Title you are having issues with Minecraft (Java Edition, Education, Dungeons, etc).
Platform You Play on: Choose from Dropdown Windows 10/Xbox One S etc. to the platform in which you are having an issue.
Category of Question: You need to mention whether you are raising for Technical Support, Account Support, Refund Support, Realms Support, Marketplace Support, or Refund Support. Choose Technical Support for the aka.ms remoteconnect error.
Entering Personal Info: Next you need to enter your Name, Email and that’s all needed for your information. Enter the mail id which you used to purchase your Minecraft.
Issue Description Section(What we can help with?): Here you need to address your query in detail with minute information about errors and how it is occurring. Also, mention whether it is a permanently staying issue or it is happening randomly.
Attachment Section: The attachment Section gives you the option to add screenshots about the error or issue you are facing. Here you can add screenshots regarding the aka.ms remoteconnect error and finally submit the form.
You will soon hear from the Minecraft Support team and get your issue resolved.
FAQs on https aka ms remoteconnect not working
Q: How do you enter codes on Aka Remoteconnect?
To play Minecraft on your computer you need to sign in with a Microsoft account. To do this you need to go to the Minecraft game home screen and click on ‘Sign in with a Microsoft account’. Then you will see an 8-digit code on your screen. You can then go to a website that will ask you to enter that code. Once you enter the code you will be able to sign in to your Microsoft account.
Q: How do I receive 8 digit code?
To get your 8-digit code, sign in on Minecraft with Microsoft Account and input the required credentials to view your code.
Q: What is aka ms Remoteconnect?
Aka.ms RemoteConnect is a platform that enables users to play multiplayer cross-platform across devices like PlayStations, PCs, Nintendo Switches, and Xbox.
Let’s conclude the post on https aka.ms remoteconnect not working issue fix with this step by step guide.
This remote connection error seems to get fixed and does not come repeating itself often. If you see this again after several days, you can try the steps again.
So, it is better to keep this bookmarked to get this handy when you need it.
I hope this post was helpful, and the issue is fixed as of now.