Mecha-membrane by Razer and the mechanical keyboards are good enough for gaming, typing, and programming.
However, suppose you want to know the actual difference between the mecha-membrane keyboards and the mechanical keyboards.
In that case, you can find a comparison between the two types of keyboards.
Why Should you Trust Me? Hi, I am Anirban Saha, an Engineer with a Specialization in Electronics and Communication Engineering. I have experience in Smart TVs, Electronics circuits, and Computer peripherals.
Let’s get started!
Contents of The Article
- 1 Mecha-Membrane vs Mechanical Keyboards
- 2 What is Mecha-Membrane?
- 3 What are Mechanical keyboards?
- 4 Major Pros of Mechanical Keyboards and the Mecha-membrane keyboards
- 5 Mechanical Keyboard Major Advantages
- 6 Mecha-membrane keyboards Major Advantages
- 7 Downsides of the Mechanical keyboards and the Mecha-membrane keyboards
- 8 Which type of keyboard is better?
- 9 Conclusion
Mecha-Membrane vs Mechanical Keyboards
|Mecha-Membrane Keyboards||Mechanical Keyboard|
|Technology||Sits on rubber domes||Have mechanical switches beneath|
|Keypress Experience||Good tactile feedback from switches||Excellent feedback from switches. (Blue switches have clicky feedback, brown have tactile, and red have linear feedback)|
|Noise||Low||Can be high(with Blue switches)|
What is Mecha-Membrane?
Mecha-membrane is a combination of mechanical and membrane keyboards and is created to make the best of them. Mecha-membrane keyboard technology came out as an innovation by Razer.
Razer created this type of keyboard to eliminate the drawbacks that mechanical or membrane keyboards have.
For the mecha-membrane, the switches of the keyboards rest on Rubber Domes beneath the keyboards. This rubber dome is presently similar to the membrane type of keyboard.
The rubber dome reduces the noise that prevents many people from using mechanical keyboards. The mecha-membrane keyboards have tactile feedback that simulates the feel of mechanical keyboards.
What are Mechanical keyboards?
Mechanical keyboards are made of unique mechanical build switches, of which each has its unique mechanism to process each click.
Mechanical keyboards are excellent in terms of durability, and sturdiness to withstand your heavy daily tasks efficiently.
Even the performance, tactile feedback, and sound that the mechanical keyboards produce are loved by gamers. The pro gamers prefer using mechanical keyboards for tournaments.
Major Pros of Mechanical Keyboards and the Mecha-membrane keyboards
Both the keyboards are designed to serve a specific purpose, and the performance is excellent for both of these keyboard types.
Mechanical Keyboard Major Advantages
Mechanical keyboards are very popular among professionals, and this is because of the following features of the mechanical keyboards:
- Essential travel for each click is satisfying and gives you feedback after you type.
- Improves the speed of typing with a mechanical keyboard and the mechanical keyboards support typing.
- The mechanical keyboard comes with switches that are loud to silent.
- Mechanical keyboards with blue switches are clicky and loud, brown switches are tactile, and red switches are smooth and silent. So, you get enough options to choose from according to your requirement.
- Mechanical keyboards are durable and also last long for 10-15 years.
- These keyboards are easily repairable with Low cost.
Mecha-membrane keyboards Major Advantages
Mecha-membrane keyboards take the best of both the mechanical and membrane keyboards into a single keyboard. The unique features include:
- The mecha-membrane keyboards have a swift key response.
- The keypress is not hard and easy to click.
- The switches are tactile and silent, which is great
- Keyboards are designed and built by Razer, so you are assured of getting the best quality keyboard out of the box.
Downsides of the Mechanical keyboards and the Mecha-membrane keyboards
The mechanical keyboards may feel loud, and people avoid using them in offices or quiet places. The mechanical keyboards may feel bulky and hence not suitable for carrying with you.
But, there are many mechanical keyboards in terms of switch choice that can reduce the click noise.
If you do not like the loud clicks, you probably will not choose the blue switch as they are clicky and loud. The brown switch would feel comparatively more silent and tactile.
Finally, the red switches are the smoothest and do not make any noise. Typing would feel buttery smooth on the red switches.
These varieties of customization available remove the initial drawbacks of the mechanical switches that the mecha-membrane came up with to solve.
The mecha-membrane keyboards, though, are very silent in the clicks sound. However, with time, the clicks may feel mushy and not so good to type.
This thing only you can notice if you are simultaneously using an excellent mechanical keyboard with a membrane type of keyboard.
The mecha-membrane keyboards are comparatively less durable due to the rubber dome inside.
Its lifetime would be better than a membrane type of keyboard but not as good as a mechanical type of keyboard.
Which type of keyboard is better?
I always prefer investing in mechanical keyboards as they are treasured to consider for your daily productivity.
The switches of the mechanical keyboards are easily repairable. They hence would be cost-effective and better for long-time usage.
However, if you usually use the membrane type of keyboard for your daily task, you would like the mecha membrane keyboard very much.
I loved the innovation of the technology in mecha-membrane keyboards.
Last update on 2023-02-26 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Let’s conclude the post on Mecha membrane vs Mechanical keyboards!
The comparison was head-to-head between these two keyboards.
By paper specs, we may feel that the mecha-membrane can be better. However, mechanical keyboards are still the best in every aspect.
I hope you enjoyed reading the post!