Are you having issues with your Vizio TV having no Sound but Not Muted?
It can be due to several reasons and the entire audio issue you are facing on your Vizio Smart TV can be easily solved by the troubleshooting steps below in this post.
This issue is generally solved by troubleshooting and in rare cases, we need replacement of TV internal speaker components or circuits.
Let’s get started!
Contents of The Article
- 1 Why is my Vizio TV having no Sound but is Not Muted?
- 2 Vizio TV has no Sound but Not Muted
- 3 Conclusion
- 4 Read Vizio TV Related Posts:
Why is my Vizio TV having no Sound but is Not Muted?
If your Vizio TV has no sound but is not muted, there are a few potential causes.
- The volume could be set too low. Again, check the remote control or the TV itself to see if the volume is set too low. If so, simply increase the volume until you can hear it properly.
- There could be an issue with the speakers. If the external or internal TV speakers are not working properly, then the volume will not be working properly either. Try troubleshooting the speakers to see if that fixes the volume issue.
- There could be an issue with the audio settings. If the audio settings are not configured properly, then the volume may not work properly. Try adjusting the audio settings and see if that fixes the issue.
- There could be an issue with the TV’s hardware itself. If none of the above troubleshooting tips fix the volume issue, then there may be a problem with the TV itself. In this case, you may need to contact Vizio customer service for further assistance.
Vizio TV has no Sound but Not Muted
If you are having trouble with your Vizio TV volume, there are a few potential solutions that you can try.
Here are the fixes as below:
1. Power Cycle the Vizio TV
The power cycle is the basic step that solves the generic problems of your Smart TV.
If your Vizio TV’s volume isn’t working or is stuck, one of the first things you should try is to power cycle the TV.
To do this, simply unplug the TV from its power source, wait 10-15 mins, and then plug it back in. Once the TV has restarted, check to see if the volume issue has been resolved.
2. Recheck the Current Input Settings
If you’re having trouble with the volume on your Vizio TV, it could be because you’re not on the right input setting.
For example, if you’re trying to watch a DVD but have the TV set to “TV” mode, you won’t be able to adjust the volume.
Make sure the TV is set to the correct input. You can do this by pressing the input button on the remote control.
A menu should pop up on the screen, showing all the available inputs. Select the input that you’re using (e.g. HDMI1, HDMI2, etc.).
3. Check the HDMI Cable Connection
If you’re having problems with sound on your Vizio TV, it could also be due to issues with your HDMI cable.
Make sure the cable is firmly plugged in at both ends. A loose connection can sometimes cause sound problems.
To resolve this, unplug the HDMI cable from your TV and make sure that there are no visible signs of damage.
If everything looks good, plug the HDMI cable back in and see if the problem is resolved.
4. Adjust the Vizio TV Volume
If none of these steps seem to be working, it may be time to adjust the volume settings directly on your Vizio TV.
It’s possible that the sound is working but it’s just very low. Try turning up the volume using the TV’s remote control.
To do this, look for an “Audio” or “Sound” setting on your TV’s menu and then make any necessary changes to your volume settings.
5. Factory Reset your Vizio TV
If you’ve tried all of these steps and still can’t get the volume on your Vizio TV to work properly, it may be time to perform a factory reset.
This will restore all of your TV’s settings to their default state and fix any software issues that could be causing the problem.
Keep in mind that this process may take some time, so make sure you have enough time set aside before starting it.
Let’s conclude the post on Vizio TV has no Sound but is Not Muted!
I hope you enjoyed reading this post.
Know how to troubleshoot more Vizio TV issues:
- Vizio tv volume goes to 100
- Vizio TV turns on and then off immediately
- Vizio TV Horizontal Lines on Screen
- Vizio TV won’t turn on
- Vizio TV not working with HDMI
Know More about taking care of Vizio TVs here: