There are a lot of expensive gaming keyboards available in the market.
They have advanced features, a lot of customization, color, and lighting effects to utilize as a gamer. These keyboards come at a premium price but are well built.
So, Are Gaming Keyboards worth it? Gaming is custom-made advanced-built keyboards with gamers in mind having features that include red, green, and blue(RGB) backlights, media controls, and programmable keys. Gaming keyboards are built with quality in mind, and that quality is why it’s worth it.
Also, they often have linear mechanical switches that are the smoothest and fastest and are hard-wearing and more receptive than membrane switches commonly found in standard keyboards.
- What are Gaming Keyboards?
- Do Gaming Keyboards make a difference?
- Why would you choose Gaming Keyboards over normal keyboards?
- Gaming Keyboard Advantages
- Gaming Keyboard Disadvantages
Let’s get started!
What are Gaming Keyboards?
A gaming keyboard is an absolute must-have, whether you are a professional or a casual gamer. All the professional gamers out there will tell you that using a gaming keyboard increases your performance in the game.
The gaming keyboards are different from ordinary keyboards: they have an N-key rollover, high-quality switches, and advanced anti-ghosting technology. Moreover, most gaming keyboards are designed in a way that they have macro keys and have very useful software to control your gaming experience.
Do Gaming Keyboards make a difference?
The gaming world is growing, and so is the gaming equipment used to gain an edge over other players. Gaming Keyboards are one such tool.
While Gaming Keyboards are more expensive than standard keyboards, they are more accurate and have faster response times. Their utility is seen in the unique commands that project into a set of commands that can perform a task, and this is why professional gamers use them during competitions.
Why would you choose Gaming Keyboards over normal keyboards?
Gaming keyboards have a lot of benefits over regular keyboards.
While they may cost more, they are often designed to be more comfortable to use, with customizable backlighting and some even having programmable buttons and macros that you can use in-game. You can also check more detail in comparison of Gaming keyboard vs regular keyboard written by me here.
Additionally, many gaming keyboards have USB ports on the keyboard itself and built-in audio jacks for headsets, which are very useful for gaming.
Here is my favorite gaming keyboard:
- Optical Speed, Linear Mechanical Feel - ROCCAT’s...
- ADVANCED ANTI-GHOSTING - Technology optimized for...
- AIMO ILLUMINATION - ROCCAT’s proprietary...
Last update on 2022-05-12 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Programmable Macro Buttons
One of those features is programmable macro buttons. Not all gaming keyboards have these, but more and more do, and they’re a big deal.
You can use the macro buttons to launch frequently used programs, open web pages, or even complex sequences of actions.
These buttons give you the option to have a series of keystrokes or mouse clicks executed whenever you press a single button (or multiple buttons in some cases).
This is a great way to make your software or game hotkeys easier to access, and in some cases, even more powerful.
Gaming keyboards have customizable backlighting to change the backlight colors to match your setup.
Backlit illumination is a feature that lets you see the keys on your keyboard in the dark. You can customize your keyboard’s backlighting with different colors and designs, which enables you to create a unique theme on your keyboard.
Backlighting is an excellent feature that you see in a gaming keyboard compared to a regular keyboard, and it makes it worth it.
Gaming Keyboard Advantages
Gaming keyboards are commonly connected to computers for use in online gaming by individuals worldwide. However, other factors make them appealing as well.
Here are the advantages of Gaming keyboards:
- Gaming Keyboards are modified to detect a light press and thus are precise with little or no typos making one speedy and accurate.
- The competitive intensity in gaming prompts a gamer to use rapid and, in most cases, repetitive touch on keys; thus, a gaming keyboard is built to withstand such intense pressure and hence durable.
- Gaming Keyboards have superior feedback and produce a click sound right when an action has been registered to avoid a repetitive command.
- With multi-colored backlights, you can assign different colors to specific keys, making it easy to place your fingers on the correct keys without shifting your eyes from the screen.
Gaming Keyboard Disadvantages
Gaming keyboards are very common among PC enthusiasts, as they are specially designed to offer different features. However, there are some disadvantages that you need to take into account because they may affect your experience:
- Gaming Keyboards bring unnecessary extra noise in context while regular keyboards are quieter.
- Gaming Keyboards have a considerably higher price compared to regular keyboards.
- The physical modification of Gaming Keyboards means they are heavier than regular keyboards and their keys are a bit raised. This means your fingers will hit keys until you get used to lifting them high enough as you move across the other letters.
Let’s conclude the post on if gaming keyboards are worth it.
We know that gaming keyboards are expensive and that many gamers are saving their money for more important things like a top-notch gaming monitor or a complete gaming PC.
Whether you’re a casual gamer or a hardcore gamer, everyone knows a good gaming keyboard is one of the most important things to have when playing video games.
A gaming keyboard may be worth it if you play many games that require a lot of movement.
I hope you enjoyed reading the post.